Quartz and granite are extremely strong and durable materials, which is exactly why they are so popular for our customers’ kitchen worktops and bathroom countertops. But did you know these stone types have many other uses which you can take advantage of when purchasing from Eaton Stonemasons?
Create some continuity within your kitchen/utility space by using the same worktop in both areas. Gone are the days when the utility room is just a dumping ground for laundry and cleaning products, nowadays, utility rooms are well thought out rooms that can be as beautiful as your kitchen.
If you’re interested in getting some quartz or granite for your utility room speak to our team by calling us on 01929 550653, we can see if there are any ‘off cuts’ which will match your kitchen worktop or send you a quote in the material you want.
Long-lasting, hygienic, low maintenance and heat resistant – these features shouldn’t just be for your worktops! We can create the perfect tabletop for your kitchen or dining room and quartz is a brilliant option (especially if you have kids running around – those mucky finger marks will wipe away much easier than on a wooden surface).
Plus you may be surprised by how affordable an option it is compared to purchasing a ‘ready made’ dining table.
Top tip… Smaller offcuts are also a great option for coffee tables or bedside tables.
If you’re ordering a quartz kitchen worktop from us, don’t forget to ask our team to keep back the excess stone from the sink cut out. With a bit of extra work, it will quickly make a beautiful chopping board which will match the main worktop, whilst many natural stone options are relatively scratch resistant it’s always best to err on the side of caution.
Top tip… You could even use it as a cheese board for all that hosting you’ll be getting up to in your new kitchen!
Pop into our showroom and you will quickly see that we make the most of all our stone offcuts even down to the drinks coasters we use, a simple but effective way to carry your worktop through to other rooms in the house.
Outdoor bar or BBQ area
We’ve saved the best until last, outdoor dining areas are more popular than ever so why wouldn’t you want to use materials that are weather-resistant and don’t tarnish throughout the year? As we all know, British weather is ever-changing – even in the peak of summer, so we all need garden furniture that can stand the test of time.
Whilst not all quartz stone is suitable for external use, we do stock a limited range from CQ Quartz and Caesarstone that are available and suitable for external projects. Here are just a few benefits of using quartz outdoors:
- Lighter external quartz colours are UV resistant – this means they are very unlikely to discolour or fade.
- Stain-resistant – from wine or cocktails to BBQ grease, quartz can put up with it all so your worktops will stay pristine after a simple clean.
- Easy to clean – whilst on the topic of stains, quartz is super easy to clean and would just require some warm water and soap.
Head on over to our materials gallery to see the 300 stone options and start narrowing down your choices.
Speak to our team…
Whether you’re planning a full kitchen or bathroom renovation, or you’re interested in one of the alternative uses for quartz we’ve listed above, Eaton Stonemasons are here to make the process simple and stress-free for you. Here’s how it works:
- Give us a call on 01929 550653 or fill in our online form here.
- We will arrange an appointment for you to visit our showroom in Wareham and discuss your options (please bring your measurements and plans) – we have over 300 swatches for you to choose from.
- Once you’ve chosen your stone type or shortlisted a few options, we will get a quote put together and sent across to you.
- We will come out to your home or business and create a template.
- Our stonemasons start creating your worktop.
- The worktop is installed.
The timeline between confirming your quote and installation is usually around 8 weeks but can vary depending on your project and timeline.
If you want to know more about the custom worktop process, have a read of our dedicated blog post here.