Are you looking to install an outdoor kitchen in your garden? Outdoor kitchens have become increasingly popular for many great reasons. They let you expand your living place while bringing more practicality to the garden – finally, a place to host BBQs all summer long!
Before you start planning garden parties and getting too excited, you need to get your hands on some high-quality outdoor stone worktops. Luckily, you’re in the right place! At Eaton Stonemasons, we offer a variety of stones to use for outdoor kitchens. Most notably, we can set you up with a granite or quartz outdoor worktop.
What’s the difference between the two materials and how do they fair when used outdoors? Keep on reading and we’ll explain all…
Granite vs Quartz: What’s The Difference?
We’ve worked with hundreds of customers over the years and granite & quartz are comfortably the most commonly picked stone variations. Why? Because they both have a range of features that make them suitable in lots of settings – including outdoor worktops.
However, few people understand the differences between the two. They may seem similar, but here’s how they differ:
Why Use Granite For Outdoor Worktops
We know both options work exceedingly well indoors as table tops, counters, etc. With that in mind, how do they match up against one another outdoors? Let’s look at granite first to see what features set it up for success.
Here’s why granite makes a lot of sense when building your outdoor living area:
- Easy to clean providing it is regularly sealed – which is perfect after everyone slops food on your outdoor kitchen counter!
- A natural finish that looks beautiful outdoors
- Scratch resistant
We should also note there are some considerations to think about if you use granite outside:
- Granite is a porous material that needs to be sealed yearly or it may let rainwater seep through
Overall, granite is still a wonderful option if you are looking for outdoor stone worktops that are easy to maintain and withstand the variety of weather conditions that come with living in Britain.
Why Use Quartz For Outdoor Worktops
Likewise, quartz has many properties that make it a wonderful choice for your garden. Some of the biggest advantages include:
- Very low-maintenance and easy to clean – simply wipe the surface if it gets dirty
- Non-porous, which is excellent outdoors when exposed to rain
- Offers a very modern design
- Very hard-wearing and can stand up to all weather conditions
We Can Help You Create An Outdoor Kitchen Area
The team at Eaton Stonemasons is more than happy to help you create an outdoor kitchen area. If you’re wondering whether quartz or granite is best for your garden, we’re here to provide guidance throughout the process.
Here’s what we’ll do for you:
- Expert Advice – Visit us at our stone showroom or call us to talk to our team about your dreams and ambitions for an outdoor kitchen. We’ll provide expert guidance to pick the best stone surface for your project.
- Design Services – Our talented in-house design team will listen to your requests and conjure up accurate designs to show you what your outdoor stone worktops could look like. Simply pick the ones you like and we’ll do the rest.
- Manufacturing Services – Yep, we handle this too! Utilising the latest technology we manufacture a completely bespoke outdoor stone worktop for your garden.
- Installation Services – Once the manufacturing process is over, we install your worktop for you! Trust us with the installation to avoid issues and ensure that the surface is finished to the highest of standards.
Visit Our Showroom Today!
If you want more advice on granite or quartz outdoor worktops, come by our Dorset stone showroom today! We are situated in Wareham and our team are always happy to welcome you into our showroom. Call to book an appointment or just drop by.
Whether you are right at the start of your project, or well on your way to finishing it, our team will take the time to show you our range of samples (we have over 300 samples currently) and answer any questions you might have. Once you are done at our showroom, you can take samples away with you, so you can truly get a feel for which material will work for your outdoor stone worktop.
If you are looking for a quote, or just have a question, call us on 01929 550653, or email email@example.com.