When thinking about renovating your bathroom or replacing certain elements, you will want to create a space that feels fresh, clean, minimalist and light. An important element to consider will be your bathroom countertops. By choosing a bespoke countertop, you can bring the whole room together and achieve that premium finish you’ve been looking for.
To hear what our experts recommend, read on for a full guide to choosing the perfect bathroom countertop and how our team can help…
Why should I choose bespoke countertops over an off the shelf option?
- Custom sizing – We know that bathrooms can come in all shapes and sizes, and in some cases, the ‘off the shelf’ bathroom countertop options just don’t fit your plan. Maybe it’s your dream to have a double sink fitted or a large floating unit? By choosing bespoke you have complete control over everything, not just the size or shape.
- A superior finish – Many pre-made options are bulk built using cheaper materials in order to sell to various retailers. However, this is when snags happen and the durability is compromised. Bespoke options are created with care by a team that takes time to create the final result.
- You’ll get the most durable materials – Durability should be a key criteria when buying any new home furniture. By using natural stone you’ll benefit from extreme durability compared to cheaper off the shelf options which may use materials such as wood or laminate.
- Something a bit more unique – It’s safe to say that a bespoke bathroom countertop will mean no one else will have the same as you. Whether you choose a fairly standard design and tweak it to suit your interior style or we help you to create something more distinctive and individual, it will be one of a kind.
- A wide range of stone options – Sometimes, the choice you will be given when searching pre-made countertops is very sparse, this is usually because retailers want to sell options that are more cost-effective for them to deliver or buy themselves. When choosing a bespoke worktop from Eaton Stonemasons, you will always be given a wide range of stone options to choose from. We also encourage our customers to come and visit our showroom, to get a first glance look at the stone types and finishes we recommend.
What material works best for bathroom countertops?
This is a common question that we get asked and when choosing bespoke bathroom countertops, you will want to ensure that it’s:
- Low maintenance
- Long lasting & durable
- Stain resistant
- Water resistant
The good news is that all of our natural stone options provide you with just this. We have over 350 colour/stone options you can choose from which you can see in our materials gallery.
What are the costs associated with bespoke bathroom countertops?
A common misconception is that when you go bespoke you will be paying extortionate prices to get the results you want. This however isn’t always the case… the saying comes to mind, you get what you pay for. At Eaton Stonemasons, we pride ourselves in being able to provide the best quality materials, and a personalised service, all for a very reasonable price.
Due to the bespoke nature of every project, we cannot give a price point for a bathroom countertop until we have worked on the drawings, but we always try to keep to your budget, so don’t let the word ‘bespoke’ put you off.
What is the buying process at Eaton Stonemasons?
By providing design, manufacturing and installation service, it allows for seamless integration and means we can be as involved as you would like us to be.
Our highly qualified team uses complex software to work up a template once you have chosen your material.
In terms of timeframes for your bespoke bathroom countertops, it’s important that our team knows the dates in which other elements of your bathroom renovation is being completed. We can then try to match these and ensure that it’s all finished in a timely manner. If you are just replacing elements of your bathroom, we always try to work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Contact your local Dorset stonemasons
The first step to transforming your space with a bespoke bathroom countertop is to visit our showroom based in Wareham, Dorset. You can arrange an appointment where one of our experienced team members can discuss your project with you, and show you samples of the stone types we have on offer.