Quality Sintered Stone
If you are looking for stone for your worktop, vanity top, bathroom cladding, or something else entirely, you may think that your only options are natural stone (granite, marble etc.) or quartz. But there is another option available to you which may be perfect for your project: Sintered Stone.
Like Quartz, Sintered Stone is a manufactured product made from a base of natural stone. However, this material is different in that it is made entirely from natural materials which are formed into incredibly strong and durable slabs – this process is called ‘sintering’.
If you need further guidance when choosing your custom quartz worktop, please phone our team on 01929 550653 for immediate, expert advice.
What is sintering?
The sintering process uses extreme heat and pressure to bond the material together without melting it. This results in the product being much stronger than the individual parts.
When making slabs of Sintered Stone, the raw materials are compacted under huge pressure of up to 5800 PSI (pounds per square inch). After that, they are baked at a temperature of around 1,200ºC, creating a slab of incredibly strong and versatile stone.
Our manufacturers have dedicated teams who are fully trained to help you select the right Sintered Stone for your purpose. They are expert in cutting the stone and fitting it to ensure you have a beautiful, seamless finish.
Benefits of Sintered Stone
- High resistance – It is resistant to scratching, UV rays, bending and high temperatures.
- Waterproof – The stone is waterproof and liquid-resistant with an absorption level near zero.
- Hygienic – The surface does not release harmful substances and is suitable for food.
- 100% natural – It’s a resin-free natural material that’s suitable for high usage, making it the perfect choice for a busy family home.
To see the types of Sintered Stone we have available to view in our showroom, please visit our materials gallery. Alternatively, please get in touch with our team to discuss your bespoke worktop requirements by phoning 01929 550653 or filling in a contact form
Why choose Eaton Stonemasons for your bespoke Sintered Stone countertop?
- Highly skilled workforce – All our work is carried out by our skilled craftsmen, manufactured on our premises and installed by our team of fitters.
- Expert service from start to finish – All projects are managed by our expert in-house office team. We can help with the design, manufacture, installation and aftercare of any project.
- Locations – We can service a wide variety of customers in most locations including Dorset, Devon, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Somerset, West-Sussex, Surrey, Berkshire, London.